Make choosing your wedding stationery a breeze with our countdown guide to picking the perfect pieces for your celebration...
Choosing and ordering wedding stationery to complement the style of your big day can seem like an overwhelming task – Jenny, Creative Director at HipHipHooray.com, the home of stylish & affordable wedding stationery is here to help with this handy scheduling checklist.
12-18 months to go
- Start creating a scrapbook, moodboard or Pinterest board of themes, colours, details and décor you’d like to incorporate on your big day. Search online and in Wedding Magazine for wedding stationery that will complement and bring your ideas together.
- Consider whether the design you choose comes with enough items to carry you through all the stationery stages, right from save-the-dates to thank you cards, as having to shop around half way through can prove a little stressful!
- Draw up an initial guest list, work out your total stationery budget, note down what you’ll need and look for a company that suits your requirements.
10 - 12 months to go
- Consider ordering save-the-date cards. Once your wedding date and venue are confirmed, these can be sent out to make sure guests mark the day on their calendars. Save-the-dates are especially important if you’re having a destination wedding, or will have guests travelling to and staying in the area. Remember you only need to order one card per household, as opposed to one per person.
6 weeks – 4 months to go
- You’ll need to order and send your invitations, which will set the tone for your big day and get your wedding party excited about what’s to come. They’re also essential for outlining all the key details and asking guests to RSVP. You may want to include info on travel, accommodation, gifts, dress code and more, in which case don’t forget to consider and budget for separate RSVP and additional information cards at this stage too.
- Alternatively, if your budget is tight, you could create (for free) and direct guests to a wedding website for the finer details and reference this on your invitations.
3 - 6 weeks to go
- Now is the time to start thinking about and ordering your ceremony and reception stationery. You may need to arrange orders of service, a seating plan, menus, table names or numbers, place cards, signs and more. Not only do these items fulfill an important functional purpose, but also when chosen wisely they can greatly enhance the overall style of your day, looking great on your reception tables and bringing together all the colours, themes and little details you’ve spent so long planning.
After the honeymoon
- Congratulations – you’re married! As a final gesture and memento from your big day, why not send a personalised thank you card to all the guests, expressing your gratitude for their presence as well as presents! You may want to include a photo from the wedding, or keep it simple and understated with a postcard.
Jenny is Creative Director at HipHipHooray.com, who provide super-stylish (and very affordable) wedding stationery which you can customise yourself online and order as instant printables, or get it printed and delivered in just a few short days. All designs shown above from HipHipHooray.com.