Perfect for your wedding reception, as favours or simply for a snack, these cute cupcake recipes from Waitrose are not to be missed...
Melting heart cupcakes
You will need... (Makes 4)
80g self-raising flour
50g golden caster sugar
50g unsalted butter, melted
2 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 x ½ tsp vanilla extract
8 Lindt Lindor white chocolate truffles
100g frozen raspberries, defrosted
50g Philadelphia soft cheese
3 tbsp icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Line a muffin tin with 4 large cupcake cases. Mix the flour, caster sugar and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
2. Stir together the butter, yogurt, egg and vanilla, then pour into the fl our; beat until smooth. Spoon into the cases and bake for 8 minutes until risen but very soft. Take the tray out and poke a truffle into the middle of each cake, followed by a raspberry. Bake for another 12-15 minutes until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
3. For the frosting, melt the remaining truffles in a bowl over simmering water, stirring only once melted (don’t worry if it’s lumpy). Cool for a few minutes, then, using electric beaters, beat in the soft cheese and 1 tbsp icing sugar until smooth.
4. Put the remaining berries and icing sugar in a small pan, mash, then boil for 2 minutes until jammy. Cool, then sieve into a plastic food bag, discarding the seeds.
5. Cover the cooled cakes with frosting. Snip the corner off the food bag, then squeeze the raspberry coulis over each cake to decorate to your liking. These are best iced on the day of giving.
Click 'next' to see more cupcake recipes!