Make sure you forward this over to your bridesmaids before your big day!
- Make sure you know if the bride will be paying for your dress, or if you will
- As soon as you have a colourscheme from the bride, start looking around for ideas
- If the bride presents you with an option that isn't necessarily your style, keep an open mind until you've tried it on
- Break in new shoes before the W-day
- If you're buying new shoes, break them in before the big day
- Plan in advance any appointments/treatments you want to organise, whether it's a fake tan, facial or a head of highlights
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: 8 things every bridesmaid should do on the wedding morning
The wedding planning
- Liaise with the bridesmaids to plan meet-ups and get-togethers
- Try and be as flexible as possible when it comes to meetings and attending appointments or get-togethers...
- ...And be upfront if you're not able to attend one (rather than flaking out at the last minute!)
- If you're craft-capable, offer to help the bride out with any handmade projects she might have ahead of the big day
- Practice walking down the aisle! (Even if the aisle is just your hallway at home - no judgement here.)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: 5 crazy things brides ask their bridesmaids
The hen party
- If you can't go, let the organiser know ASAP
- Be prompt with any payments
- If you have a limited budget, let the organiser know as soon as you can
- Make an effort to get to know any bridesmaids you haven't met before
- If you're travelling somewhere for the hen, prepare a couple of fun games for the journey
- If needs be, book it off work as soon as the dates are confirmed
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: The surprising new 2016 wedding dress trend
The wedding day
- Eat breakfast! A long day loom aheads and you'll be starving otherwise
- Arrive punctually at the bride's home/getting-ready-venue
- Charge your phone
- Make sure the bride has a glass of bubbly (but also make sure she drinks water too - there's nothing worse than a W-day tension headache)
- If needs be, be prepared to take the bride's bouquet at the altar
- Keep an eye on the page boy and flower girl during the ceremony
- Have tissues and make-up touch-ups for the bride in your clutch
- Remember to drink lots of water in order to spare yourself a hangover the following day
- Help organise people for the professional photos
- Call for silence if required when the speeches are about to begin
- Be prepared to blush when you receive your gift from the bride and groom
- Encourage guests to get involved with any extras, such as a photobooth
- Be ready to (try!) and catch the bride's bouquet
- Take to the dancefloor as soon as the first dance is over...
- ...And get other guests on the dancefloor, too!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: 10 ways bridesmaids can save on the cost of your wedding
And in general...
- Be there for the bride as much as you can
- Make an effort to get to know the other bridesmaids
- Respond to any messages from the bride ASAP
- Be a point of support for both the bride and groom
- Have fun!