FYI these are the things you'll most likely be pinning some time soon...
Pinterest is the inspiration go-to for the vast majority of brides-to-be across the globe - and what with the millions of wedding pins shared via the site every month, who better to predict the biggest trends for upcoming nuptials?
In a blog post shared last week, the social network wrote: "This month marks the one year anniversary of the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling to legalize same-sex marriage, a huge victory for gay rights advocates. Now that everyone can celebrate their love and celebrate it legally, let’s look at some of the fresh and unique spins that couples—regardless of sexual identity—are taking on classic wedding traditions... Bottom line: There’s no right way to do a wedding these days. It’s your day, your way".
Browse Pinterest's pick of the trends below - how many are you including in your own W-day?
- Mismatched bridesmaid dresses let your wedding party personalize their look. Searches are up 50% this year.
- Food trucks and more casual dining options create a warm atmosphere to start comfortable conversations.
- Honeymoon funds are replacing fine china and kitchenware. Searches are up 200% this year.
- Toss bars with bowls of confetti, glitter or popcorn create an exciting exit for the newlyweds.
- Circular ceremony seating lets everyone sit together. Searches are up 80% this year.
- During warmer weather, couples are looking for frozen desserts to as casual cake-alternatives. This top Pinned popsicle spritzer is a refreshing beverage and sweet treat.
- Non-traditional, non-religious venues are trending including beaches.
- Unplugged wedding ceremonies are on the rise. As couples look to celebrate their special day, they want to remember moments with friends and family by practicing being "in-the-moment" and asking guests to ditch their cameras and phones.
- Informal wedding programmes are on the rise. This upcycled wooden palette is a top Pinned idea.
- Similarly: a more laid back approach to seating arrangements means ditching the charts. This top Pinned DIY sign is a great idea to try if you're trying to go for no assigned seats.
See more of the trends here.