Written by Katie Byrne, published 20th may 2015
A new survey has calculated the average spend a wedding guest will make throughout their lifetime...
A new survey has calculated the average spend a wedding guest will make throughout their lifetime.
According to the research, the average person will attend 15 wedding ceremonies in their lifetime, with key costs broken down as follows:
- Travel to and from the venue and reception: £1,500
- Clothes and grooming: £3,750
- Accommodation: £3,000
- Food and drink (on the way to and from the ceremony and reception): £1,125
- Gifts for the happy couple: £1,125
- Child or petcare: £1,500
- Drinks at the reception: £900
- Being Best Man or Maid Of Honour: £1,800
- Attending a stag or hen: £3,360
- Photography: £480
- Annual leave: £1,680
Almost a fifth (18%) of guests will borrow money to attend a wedding.
Lynsey Hamp, spokesperson for Hen Heaven and The Stag Company, said: "Although the figure of attending a wedding in a lifetime may come as a surprise, we wouldn't have it any other way. The British public will always enjoy an excuse to party and celebrate their friends and family, and rather than looking at this in terms of money, it's certainly a gain in lifetime memories."