Treat your guests to these cute iced biscuits for a deliciously creative wedding favour alternative
1. Start by making your biscuit dough using your chosen recipe (we recommend our easy vanilla dough recipe).
2. Once rolled, use a car cookie cutter to create your biscuit shapes and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 170°C .
3. Use our handy guide to create your line and flood icing, for outlining and filling in. You’ll need six colours: white and grey for the flood icing and white, black, pink and green for the line icing.
4. Pour the line icing into four icing bags and you’ll need two squeezy bottles for the flood icing.
1. Once your biscuits have cooled, ice the outline of the car and then the window and tires.
2. Leave to dry for 10 minutes at room temperature.
3. After the line icing has set, you'll need to fill in the car. Start off by using white flood icing to fill in your biscuit, then using the grey flood icing fill in the window and then finish off the car tires by using black line icing
4. Place the biscuits back onto a baking tray and into the oven on the lowest temperature for 40 minutes. Don’t worry, your biscuits won’t bake any further, it just helps to dry the flood icing.
5. After the icing has dried, you'll need to add the details to the car. Start off by outlining the window with white line icing to add a frame, then still using the white line icing pipe a rectangle underneath - this is where the 'just married' writing will go.
6. Add decoration of little green polka dots and pink bow streamers.
7. Ice 'just married' into the rectangle box using your black line icing.
8. Leave to dry at room temperature for 10-20 minutes to ensure they're dry.
Don’t forget to visit Biscuiteers for more wedding gifts and favour ideas.