The experts at Pinterest have analysed the bridal pins that have been most popular...
- Comfort is key. For a little extra coverage, women are turning to high necklines (+351%) and cosy cover-ups (+163%). Meanwhile, jumpsuits (+178%), sleeves (+75%) and flats (+119%) are making it easy to dance like all of your friends and family definitely are watching...
- White not your colour? Rose (+46%) and champagne coloured dresses (+358%) are having a moment. Not a veil kind of gal? Throw on a cape (+88%) and complete the look with an achingly chic minimalist backdrop necklace (+207%).
- Let's talk grooms: stylish tweed suits (+165%) and relaxed tie-free ensembles (+459%) are on the up.
- Something old, something new, something borrowed...something on the shoe? Leave a note (+58%) on your future spouse’s shoes for a sweet surprise.
- Three styles of engagement ring to make getting down on one knee a little more stress-free: Moissanite gems (+294%), art deco (+173%) and smooth oval stones (+125%).
- Messy updos have had a massive spike in popularity (1247%) as have hair combs (albeit on a more modest scale of +89%). For those who prefer to let their hair down, there’s soft waves, matched with side partings (+55%).
- In terms of make-up, things have taken a natural turn: think rosy lipgloss (+459%) and barely-there shine (+343%). Your eyelashes are also about to step onto centre-stage: searches for long, lush lashes are up 152%.
- Don’t let your dessert outshine you on your wedding day—change those towering cakes for something a little more elegant and relaxed, such as fig-adorned cakes (+575%), metallic decorations (+476%) or minimal white frosting (+235%).
- Serving up pizza is a popular way to feed your guests at the reception (+120%). 'Vegan wedding food' has also seen a surge in popularity, with an increase in searches of 186%. When it comes to snacks, pretzel bars are proving to be on-point (+343%), and midnight snacks are as crucial as ever to the celebration (+236%).
- When it comes to flowers, there are five key ways to include blooms and foliage in your wedding plans this year: potted plants (+782%), suspended flowers (+346%), floral cocktails (+247%), single-stem protea 'bouquets' (+121%) and minimal arrangements (+113%).
- 2018 is all about the 'alternative' altar - so why not let nature serve as your backdrop? (+259%). Brides will be packing a punch with their arrivals, hopping off boats and scooters to get to their venue (+356%).
- And how better to get to the altar than by walking down your very own bespoke aisle? Acrylic signs (+194%), cement accents (+320%) and DIY confetti (+432%) will be adorning an aisle near you soon...
- Festival-style weddings, offering guests the option to camp overnight, are also on the up (+95%). Other ideas that tie in perfectly with this chilled, oh-so relaxed theme? Games for your wedding guests to play (+69%) and a Jenga guestbook (+216%).
- Geometric shapes are hot right now: think bold 3D invitations (+188%) and striking place-setting (+145%).
- The most popular honeymoon destinations and activities? Switzerland (+856%), safari adventures (+219%) and Bali (+145%). Bliss!